Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Saturday 2 February 2013

February Already....

Hi everyone,

Another man's card for me this week, eeek!!!!  A cute House Mouse decoupage from Joanna Sheen House Mouse Project Book.  I gave mine more of a masculine feel by using a black card blank and keeping it quite plain.  I kept the cheesy backing paper to make the insert. Hope its not too pastel for a male?




This second simple little card (only 12cm square) was an experiment really, trying out an acetate window.  I used nestie marvellous squares dies to cut the aperture and one layer, a Nellie Snellen square layer with a little piece of glitter paper behind and a Craftwork Cards butterfly, embellished with a few red and clear gems.  I was quite pleased with the result and will be making more of a similar design soon I hope.



Hope you are all enjoying your weekend, its been a gloriously sunny, if rather cold, day here today.

Thank you for looking!

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards today, love the butterfly one. Just hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, I love the cute decoupage design and the butterfly card is so elegant.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i love this! stunning card! i didn't realise it was on an acetate window until i read the description... super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card..the butterfly one is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely cards. Love those new nesties, and they are on my 'need' list :). The acetate window is gorgeous. Phyllis x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The butterfly card is quite unusual, but I love the house mouse :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love house mouse...so cute. Love the butterfly one....gorgeous dies...Happy hopping....x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, I do like the acetate window.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both so beautiful! Happy Leapblogging and have a fabulous week :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous cards, happy blogging x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two fab cards - love the acetate windo9w idea - must try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards....happy crafting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two wonderful looking cards. I think the first one works really well as a male card. The acetate window on the second looks fabulous - well done

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two great cards, but I just love that acetate window. Wonderful idea and it works really well. Thanks for the inspiration. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow stunning cards this week..
    Just doing a bit of docrafts blog hopping.
    Kaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great House mouse card but the second one is stunning-just late hopping
    carol x

    ReplyDelete