Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Saturday 19 January 2013

Time Passes

Hi everyone,

This is today's creation - one of the dreaded masculine cards I always find so difficult to do:



I seem to use the clock theme a lot lately for men's cards, especially when I have exhausted the sport theme relevant to them.  With this one I used some Tim Holtz weathered clock diecuts to emboss into the dark brown card for a change, before cutting it out by hand and dusting with gold cosmic shimmer mica powder.  The background paper is Hot Off the Press which I used vintage photo distress ink around the edges.  The sentiment in the nestie labels frame is made using Wordle (I just played around until I got a design I liked - good fun if you have the time to play).  The pocket watch stamp and little cogs are freebie ones from the latest Docrafts Creativity magazine cover.  I used vintage photo distress ink to stamp them onto a strip of the background paper as a border.

Hope you are all keeping safe and warm in this snowy weather, we had about five inches fall yesterday, thought it was never going to stop!

11 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I really love the design and the colours are gorgeous
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great male card, love the layout and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card great papers and layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card for the oh so difficult to make for male x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the look of the tim holtz clock and love your sentiment panel idea, fab.
    Just hopped over from Docrafts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card. I too struggle when making a card for a man. Really like the way you have made the sentiment.

    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this card, very good one for men :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab male card, love the colours and design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I really struggle with masculine cards too! :) This looks brilliant! :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete