Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Saturday 9 February 2013

Something Different

Hi everyone,

Another acetate card this week, this time an A5 with a printed acetate window.  I like the classic black and white combination so for this simple card I printed a black flower pattern on my acetate before making the window using Grand Nesties Labels 11 for the aperture and two layers.  The black centre layer is a Marianne frame die, the computer generated sentiment is edged with a glitterations peel-off to give it a bit of sparkle, matching the flowers which were a poundshop buy (I think, been in my box for a while) finished with a little gemstone brad.



I have also been making something a bit different for me:


And a little close-up to show the detail more:



I quite enjoyed making these kusudama flowers from a tutorial here:  http://foldingtrees.com/2008/11/kusudama-tutorial-part-1/
I may even make a small bouquet of them for Mother's Day this year, probably in brighter colours though!  I added some punched flowers and a bead to finish the bamboo skewer stems, you could even colour the stems if you wanted.

I went on to make the kusudama ball too, very time-consuming and a bit fiddly to stick together, but I like it. I can make the flowers sitting in front of the tv now I have learnt the technique.  



Hope you like them.  Have a good weekend!






















21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! I have made kusudama decorations. They look really lovely.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card,the flowers are beautiful also the decoration. sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, fab flowers and decoration

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow super card love the sentiment well done ... and love your flowers very clever ... hope you have a super weekend ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... happy crafting and love sandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The acetate window is really effective, think I'll need to have a go at this. Love those flowers, they are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your elegant card - and the blue ball of flowers is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like the flowers, they are so pretty and the card is so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty card lovely flowers welldone xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card. Love your flowers, clever you! I think a bunch of these would be a fabulous Mother's Day present. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very striking card, I did monochrome this week too and it's not an easy colour theme to execute, but your card is lovely. I want to have a go at those folded flowers too, and I like your idea to do them for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, and the flowers are gorgeous. Phyllis x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card and beautiful flowers. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh gorgeous, love the flowers esp :-) Have a fabulous week, happy leapblogging :-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card...and your flowers are stunning...x

    ReplyDelete
  15. have already commented on your lovely card and flowers but just wanted to say thank you so much for visiting my blog too ... have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow stunning projects, love the card, very elegant and those flowers are fab, I need to make a bunch for myself! Just hopped over from Docrafts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look amazing, I did try having a go at Christmas but they were taking so long, you must have some patience. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like that black and white card..always a great combo! also, those flowers...i have made a few of them last yr...arent they effective?! thanks for hopping to me too! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. These flowers are stunning..my neice makes these as bouquetsx

    ReplyDelete