Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Sunday 31 March 2013

Side Spring Card

I saw the Hougie demonstration on Create and Craft of one of these style of cards and thought I would have a go at a larger one, using an A4 sheet (it will easily fit a C5 envelope)


Again I'm afraid the photo isnt great, but I used First Edition Spring Drop papers, a large square die from Spellbinders Marvellous Squares, a Spellbinders Labels Two (embossed with a cuttlebug folder), XCut labels die for the sentiment and a Nellie Snellen Border Two.  The image is printed onto pearlescent card twice and I embossed and decoupaged the shutters and added a little flower soft to make the window box stand out.  The window also has a piece of acetate to make it look like glass (photo doesn't show this).  The folding of the card base took a bit of working out but I am fairly pleased with the results.

Thank you for looking and hope you are all enjoying Easter.

9 comments:

  1. This is amazing,love the card shape x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Such a fabulous design and I love the pretty colours
    Wishing you a Happy Easter
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this one and I love my hougie but did not see the demo. Darn would have liked to try this one. Hope they will repeat it. Fab card!!! LOve the papers and colours

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a tutorial on splitcoaststampers for a smaller one http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/sidespringcard/
    I adapted to using A4 sheet by scoring the long side at 10.5cm and 15cm, hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great creation, I love the colour combination. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab card, love all the details and embossing around the window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card in beautiful colours. And the shape of the card is just fab.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute card lovely colours Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card and love the shape
    carol x

    ReplyDelete