Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Tuesday 3 July 2012

New Blog



Well, I have finally braved an attempt at posting to my newly created blog.  I am really learning as I go along, so please bear with me.  I have found some tips from Kathleen's  http://craftbloggers.blogspot.co.uk/ very helpful, (so thank you Kathleen), but still have loads to learn and little time to do it at the moment.  Once the school holidays begin I will hopefully get a bit more savvy!



This card was made for a challenge on Joanna Sheen's forum.  The theme was "ice cream" so using the colours of Neopolitan I picked out a pearlescent kraft card blank, some First Edition pink backing paper and ribbons from my stash.  The butterfly is in fact a white felt one that I coloured with ink and promarkers, mounted on some more pretty pink paper and embellished with a few Kort & Godt pearls.  I inked up the edges of the backing paper with vintage photo distress ink before stitching it on my sewing machine along with the ribbons and lace.

6 comments:

  1. Hello and welcome to Blog land Julie, your card is gorgeous, keep them coming! I'm your first follower :o)
    hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcometo blogland fab card have become a follower tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie your card is gorgeous love the butterfly and the layout is fabulous. Love your blog too. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blog land , fab card to get you started,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Julie, just hopped over from Do-crafts. Your blog is looks fabulous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card. xxxx

    ReplyDelete