Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Bookmark and Masculine Card



Hi,
Beautiful day here today, feel I should be outside but a little too hot to stay for long.


I fancied a new type of card for today and my box is always lacking in masculine cards.  I used instructions from the Scorpal site to create this criss-cross card.


I had a roam around town yesterday and found some jumbo paper clips in Wilkinsons and (as we crafters do) thought I could use those with a little embellishment as bookmarks.  The card base is made from an A4 sheet of navy linen card, scored on my Hougie, as you would a trifold.  The papers are from Hot Off The Press (from a Quilted Card Kit booklet I have had since starting crafting) so the co-ordinating papers and sentiment were all together I just had to cut them to suit.  The tag/insert is made from the same papers just slightly smaller than the back of the card and with rounded corners.  Nestability circles and a button (with the shank removed) are used to decorate the "bookmark" and a little star brad attached to the sentiment strip.

Hey presto, a card and little gift in one.


Thanks for looking and hope you like it.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous design love it. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is brilliant, I love the design and the colours are fabulous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete