Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Red and White



Hello,  
On Monday it will be my dear Mum's 77th birthday, so I felt I wanted a really special card.
Why is it when you need to make a special card for someone in particular the mind goes blank?  It is so much easier to make a card "just because".

Any way I eventually came up with this, not 100% happy with it but it is embellished in her favourite colour red, so I hope she likes it.  It is an 8" x 8" card, (made by fixing two sheets of A4 together).  I wanted to try out my new Cuttlebug embossing folder (similar to the elusive Tied Together Couture one I have been unable to get).   The spotty ribbon, the butterfly and some of the diecut flowers are from a Craftwork Cards kit.  The remainder of the flowers are Sizzix Bigz and Tim Holtz Tattered Florals, with some small Prima flowers dotted in and around.  A few Anita's gems and Kort and Godt pearls just to add a bit of bling and its done.

I am entering this card into the challenge at: http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/try-something-new.html


Off to try and start the Christmas cards, lol, maybe!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card, I love the design with such a beautiful verse

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us on the Joanna Sheen Challenge blog.
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete