Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Thursday 23 August 2012

Just because


Hi,

Thought I would try out a couple of things yesterday that I had been meaning to have a go at after doing a little surfing and blog hopping.  The first one is from a tutorial on Sue Wilson's blog http://particraft.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/fancy-nesty-tutorial.html.  I have done this before but not with a fancy spellbinders die and needed a little reminder of how to do it.

The image is a LOTV freebie that came with a magazine, I coloured it with promarkers and then chalked around the edge to give the cut out oval some definition.  The glittered patterned backing card is from First Edition Summer Breeze paper stack.  A little ribbon bow and some gems in some of the flowers just to finish it off.  I intended to leave the card without a sentiment for now as it would make a get well, birthday or thank you card.  The same applies to the next simple card:


The tutorial for this one came from: http://ricas-designs.blogspot.de/ although mine is very plain compared to the lovely one displayed on Heather's blog.  I measured mine out a little differently and ended up with a rectangular frame which I thought the Tim Holtz tattered floral flower I made fitted nicely.  It is just four layers treated differently - one embossed with swiss dots, one stamped and one with a pearl centre.  Each flower started out an off white and I inked them with vintage photo distress ink (my only colour at the moment).

Off  to spend the bank holiday weekend on the Isle of Wight with my sons and family, so getting up at silly o'clock in the morning, (which happens to be my birthday too).  Have fun whatever you are doing this weekend!



2 comments:

  1. WOW! Both cards are stunning. I love the image on the first card and the way you have cut part of the frame shape looks fabulous. The flower on your second card is gorgeous. Thank you for providing the links, I will be having a look for sure.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous cards, I am in my element Blog Hopping. What a way to spend Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete