Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Saturday 22 June 2013

Wish You Were Here?

Hi everyone,

This week I have three men's birthday cards to make, here are the first two:



As you can see they are variations using the same stamp, a  Docrafts MIchael Powell one.  I stamped both with a memento black inkpad.  The first one I  coloured with a combination of water colour pencils and marvey le plume pens.  The background paper is from First Editions Animal Antics and is mounted on a pearlescent brown A5 landscape card base.  The buttons are from my stash and are threaded on some bakers twine.  The sentiment stamp is a freebie one from a magazine cover.  

The second card I left the image uncoloured, mounted on to some black mirri card, which I also embossed for the sentiment rectangles with a Cuttlebug folder.  The background paper is again First Editions, but this time from the Up, Up and Away pad.  This one is mounted again on the back mirri and then a black A5 landscape card base.

Will have to put my thinking cap on for the third masculine card I need, I find inspiration for them hard to find.

Thank you for looking and any comments you are kind enough to make.

Happy crafting.

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, I love that image and the way you have used it is fabulous.
    I hope you have a good Sunday
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jewelsmae, I love the two very different interpretations on a theme. Hope you're having a great weekend. Just hopping by, happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards - love how you have made them look completely different yet the same stamp
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that image! my OH would love it! great cards.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab cards,it is so hard to make cards for men.
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. two great cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great male cards, always difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards it is so difficult to make male cards isn't is especially if you have a few to make for the same male.

    Hugs
    Kelly - DC hop
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two brilliant cards....love them both....great design....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards love them both, must find my Micheal Powell stamps and see what I can do with them.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab cards, that's a wonderful image. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great male cards, do like the colours and patterns used

    ReplyDelete
  13. two super men cards I quite like to do a man card occasionally ... quite challenging but don't know if I want to do 3 lol ... ... just wanted to pop by and say a big thank you for visiting my blog and for the lovely comments you left ... and kind words about my dear mum ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful image and love the colour on the first one and love the papers
    carol x

    ReplyDelete