Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Saturday 15 June 2013

Back at Last

Hi everyone,

I am back after a month!  We had a lovely weekend away after my last post, then I had a fundraising day at Pre-school to prepare for.  Putting inserts in my box of surplus cards, (a job I always seem to leave until the last minute), bagging them and pricing them up for the fundraiser was time consuming.  We baked cakes and manned stalls and the children had a playbus and bouncy castle for entertainment.  It was a shame after all the effort that went into it that the attendance was really poor.  It made us about £100 altogether (much needed to keep us going).  

I have also had computer problems, desktop pc has expired, and have had to get used to Windows 8 on my laptop (which I have had since Christmas but only used for basics).  I am still trying to get an easier way to adjust, crop and watermark my card photos than Gimp which I have downloaded and spent all afternoon to try and get a decent result.  I'm not the most computer literate person and it is a bit complicated for me, I may have to find something simpler.  Still, here is my Father in Laws card for tomorrow.  I have also entered it into Joanna Sheen's challenge http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/fathers-day-goodbye.html




A very simple one I admit.  We made similar ones with the children at Pre-school (without  the tiny buttons and pocket), they had fun cutting the ties out of animal print card, resulting in some wonderful creations!

Sorry for what sounds like a whinging post.  Have a nice weekend everyone and hopefully I will post more often again now.  Thanks for looking.

9 comments:

  1. Great shirt and tie card, love the button down shirt and the polka dots. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card. A fab idea to 'dress up' the card as a shirt.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card fab idea to make a card into a shirt especially for a male who wears shirts for works. I like the buttons on the shirt.

    Hopping over from DC
    Hugs
    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but very very effective - love it
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card idea! Sorry you didn't make more money at your fund raiser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just hopping from dc....sorry im late! :) such a cute and simple card... really fab! perfect to make with children, too! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant CAS card great idea-late hopping
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, such a great design, I love the spotty tie
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card hun! Thanks for playing along at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete