Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Wednesday 1 May 2013

House Mouse

Hi everyone,

I have a couple of cards to show today, one for a forum challenge over at Joanna Sheen's website and one a birthday card for my father-in-law.


The image is from House Mouse Project Book and has been decoupaged.  The shaped easel card is made with Grand Nestability Labels 11.  The pretty background paper is from Papermania Vintage Notes 12" x 12" paper pack.  I machine stitched around the edges of the upright section before apply the decoupaged panel.  On the bottom of the card I embossed the paper with Creative Expressions lattice embossing folder and then stitched through the centre of the embossed lines to make the patchwork effect base.  Some pleated paper for a rosette and the stopper embellished with some tiny satin ribbon roses complete the card.  I have yet to decide the occasion or recipient so there will be sentiment added later.


My second card uses another Joanna Sheen cd image, this time from theThomas Kincade set, although I did crop the image to make it the right shape to fit my card.  The background papers for this one are from a 6" x 6" paper pad from Papermania colossal pack called Simply Elegant.  The computer generated sentiment is cut with a nestie circle and mounted on a scalloped circle and is finished with a bark effect button and piece of raffia, which also serves as the fastening for the upright z-fold card.

Off into the garden now for a bit of sunshine, it's probably warmer out there than here in my dining room!

Thanks for looking, 

18 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous. I love the images and the fabulous papers that you have matched them with. The layouts are brilliant too.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning cards! Love them both! The artwork is just amazing.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. both are gorgeous cards, love the layout and those images are wonderful!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards, love the design of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Julie, became a follower today from DC leapblog. Love House Mice, these new images with the hamsters are gorgeous, perfectly teamed up with co-ordinating papers, the fisherman's card is superb, stunning image, well designed card, fi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, great images and lovely designs

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Joanna Sheen craft cds, these are great cards and I really do like house mouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two Fabulous cards...Great images...but i just love the house mouse one ...sooo cute..Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great cards - love the cute house mouse card and the fishing image is beautiful
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab cards,love the house mouse one. sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two beautiful cards I especially love the male card, great image. I hope you have had a nice day out in the sun, it's freezing here in Central Scotland.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both great cards I love making the upright Z-fold cards
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow two super little cards julie love them both well done ... love the design ... thank you so much for hopping by my blog ... have a great bank holiday weekend ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goodness, two fabulous cards. I love all the stitching ont he first one, especially the sewing between the lines on the embossing for the patchwork effect. The Thomas Kincade image is wonderful, I buy my mil his calendar for Christmas every year and she adores it - a different picture everyday. She's a cardmaker too and keeps all the pictures to use :-) Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards, I love your stitch-work detailing on the Hose Mouse card, so very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards, especially like the colours and stitching on the House Mouse one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. two great cards x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love the little mice card, although the fishing one is stunning too. The stitching on the first one just sets it off beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete