Welcome to

A little corner set up to share my crafty creations

Thursday 25 April 2013

Recycled

Hi everyone,

This is my entry into Joanna Sheen's challenge http://joannasheenchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/recycle.html



A kraft card base with First Editions backing paper and then my recycling began:
As you can see my background is made from a recycled tomato paste tube which I embossed in my Calibur with Indentz swirls embossing folder and then used different heat embossing powders to give it a more metallic look, I even added highlights of cosmic shimmer powder before heating again to give it more effect.  The shape was cut with a nestability label die, marianne corner diecuts and a scalloped circle were used for the sentiment (printed on my computer).

The dragonfly is made from fuse wire and some beads from broken jewellery (a car boot find).  A truly recycled card!

Thank you for looking, 


4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Such a wonderful card. Your recycling is fabulous, the embossing and use of embossing powders looks so effective. Such a gorgeous dragonfly too - so creative!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card,love your dragonfly. sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant bit of recycling....love the embossing and your design...Julieannex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just saw your recycling at Joanna Sheen and HAD to come over for a closer look. Fab use of rubbish and a great card!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete